Friday 19 June 2009

Her smile...

"She's got a smile that it seems to me
Reminds me of childhood memories
Where everything was as fresh as the bright blue sky..."

The first thing people would notice about her was her prodigious smile.

Whenever she wanted to respond to emotional stimuli, her facial muscles would interact with the most wondrous outcome ever: The ends of her lips would flex, exposing a beaming, dazzling row of (upper) teeth and giving birth to a billion watted smile.

And the effect of this smile, on it's recipient was neither ordinary nor unique.

I, for one, would react like as if I had been made to smoke an entire stick of Cannabis.
Current would surge down my spine causing my sides to tingle and my muscles to tittilate.
Somewhere in the back of my head Slash's Axe would belt out the awesome lick to "Sweet Child of Mine."
My eyes would lose focus, my mind would start to wander aimlessly in space - my entire body would feel like it was floating - towards that billion watted source of energy.

Interestingly, Cannabis was one of the first known Lie Detectors - when administered, the user would lose control of his/her senses and inevitably speak only the truth.
Not surprisingly, her smile had the same effect on me - out came the truth - with no thought to what the impact of being such a truthful sage could be!

She had the most perfect lips - curving ever so gently. It seemed like they were painstakingly chiselled by the maker.

Her zygomatics were sharp and protruding. When she smiled, they stood out even more - symbolising the pride she took in her being so perfect.

Her smile would make people overlook the fact that her nose was a tad bit bigger in proportion to the rest of her face.

It was as if her face was constructed to look perfect when she smiled.
Smile she did - all the time. And look perfect she did - all the time.

She had mastered the art of communicating with her smile.

There was a smile to tell me she loved me.
There was a smile to encourage me.
There was a smile to tell me that things would be just fine.
There was a smile to make me feel strong.

There was a smile when she had a naughty trick up her sleeve.
There was a smile to show excitement.
There was a smile to show innocence.
There was a smile to show her happiness.

Soon, there was a smile to show her dissappointment in me.
Then, there was a smile to express her sadness.
She also developed a smile to show her anger towards me.
I forced her to come up with a smile when I made her shed a tear.

In the end she was left with one smile for me...a smile to show me her hatred...

When I think of her smile, Slash still plays the awesome lick - the words of the song differ from the original version however...

"She's got a smile that it seems to me
Reminds me of hatred, I created for me
Now everything is silent, like death just crept by"

No comments: