Wednesday 24 February 2010

200*

Today (24th Feb, 10) is the best day of my (hitherto) life.

Well, let me explain. Im an Indian. Cricket is my religion. And I witnessed a miracle today - a miracle I have been looking forward to for the last 13 years!!

Sachin Tendulkar has been a God for me for a greater part of his 20 year cricket career. And (like millions of his fans), I feel I have a special connection with him.

I clearly remember his swashbuckling 20th century against Australia on my birthday, way back in 1998. Never got a better present! And the time when I witnessed his century in person at the Eden Gardens (again in 98). It may have been against Kenya, but a century it was nonetheless.

Ever since Saeed Anwar scored a 194 against us, Ive been waiting for him to be outdone by Sachin. Everytime Sachin would cross 150, I would be sitting on m seat's edge - praying.

Today the lord answered my prayers. He did it. In style.

Teary eyed, I watched as he did it. What a feeling. What a story to tell my children! I saw Sachin Tendulkar prove his divinity for the umpteenth time.

Dude... God... Stud... Thanks for making this the best day of my life!

No comments: